Transcripts are a major component of the college admission process.
As most home schooled students do not have records from an
accredited institution, a detailed portfolio will be necessary to be
considered for admission. Suggestions for Portfolio content include
a list of the following information:
- A summary detailing the years of high school study
An academic assessment including the
A yearly listing of subjects studied
- Textbook titles (if used)
- Assignment descriptions
- Writing samples
- A listing of all extra-curricular activities
- Recommendations from individuals having direct knowledge of
either academic achievement, extracurricular activities, or
character and maturity.
- Documentation of honors and awards