Dedicated in 1995, the Schmidt
Center is a 22,000 square foot addition to the Dorough Field House. The Center has
basketball and volleyball courts, a running track, seven offices, a conference room,
locker rooms, a weight room, racquetball courts, exercise equipment, and a training room. The fitness facilities were completely revamped in December 2011 and feature brand new top-of-the-line cardio and strength equipment.
The Center is named for Stephen J. Schmidt, Oglethorpe University alumnus of the class of
1940 and long-time member of the Board of Trustees, who personally led the fund-raising
effort for the addition.
The next stop is Conant Performing Arts Center