International Student Admission
Ready to apply? Visit the Oglethorpe online
International Application Process
Completed applications must be received at least 30 days
prior to the beginning of the first semester of attendance.
- Complete the online application form.
- Submit the application fee of $50.00 USD (waived if application is completed by Nov. 15).
- Sumbit complete course records for all previous secondary and
- Transcript evaluation: All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by Josef Silny &
Associates, Inc. and sent directly from Silny to the Office
of Admission. No exceptions. All secondary and post-secondary transcripts must have a "Document-by-Document"
evaluation and "Grade Point Average Equivalent". If a student wishes to
receive transfer credit for post-secondary coursework, a "Course-by-Course" evaluation is also required.
- For more information: Contact Joseph Silny & Associates, Inc., International Education Consultants. 7101 SW 102 Avenue Miami, FL 33173. Phone +1 305-273-1616. Fax +1 305-273-1338.
Translation Fax +1 305-273-1984. Email
- If English is not the native language. submit one or more of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- ELS: completed level 109.
- TOEFL: minimum 213 computer-based, 550 paper-based, 79 Internet-based.
- IELTS: minimum 6.5.
- International SAT: minimum 480 on the Critical Reading section.
- ESL: completed level 7.
- College or university: minimum 2.8 GPA, and no grade below “C” in minimum of two English composition courses.
- If English is the language of instruction in school, submit one or more of the following as proof of English proficiency:
- SAT: minimum 500 in Critical Reading, and minimum 1000 combined CR+M.
- ACT: minimum 21.
- A/O levels: above average.
- Submit a declaration of finance: a document on bank letterhead that certifies available funds.
- Financial guarantee: Prior to formal acceptance and the issuance of an I-20
document, international students must submit a certificate of
financial guarantee attesting to their source of funds as well
as the amount available for use by the student. A finanical guarantee form is provided as part of the online admission application. However, a separate bank
letter is also required for admission, separate from the visa and I-20 process.
International students are eligible for the full range of merit scholarships that Oglethorpe offers to freshman and transfer applicants. International freshman applicants who submit all required documentation by Nov. 15 may be eligible to attend Oglethorpe’s annual Scholarship Weekend in January, during which Oglethorpe awards up to ten full-tuition scholarships. The Lanier, University, Oxford and Presidential awards range from $8,000/yr. - $19,000/yr. International Baccalaureate students who complete the IB Diploma Programme and earn an IB diploma will also receive a $2,500/yr. renewable scholarship.
International Financial Aid
International students are eligible for consideration for need-based financial assistance from Oglethorpe University. Oglethorpe accepts the College Board’s International Student Financial Aid Application. Please note that the US federal government's need-based student aid programs are not available to non-US citizens.
Click here for details on tuition, fees, and the cost of attendance.
If you possess a green card, please contact the
Office of Admission immediately to discuss the paperwork
necessary for admission to Oglethorpe. Also, if you are in the
process of receiving a green card, the documents listed
above are still required until you provide us with acceptable
proof of obtaining the green card.