About Us Admissions Academics Athletics Campus Life Alumni

Resident Assistant - Resident assistants, (RAs), are upper -class students that live and work in the residence halls. They are hired by the Office of Residence Life to help students who live in the residence halls and are the most visible members of the residence life staff. Since the RA lives directly in the building, he or she is attuned to residents' particular needs and problems.

RAs go through an extensive selection and training process and are, therefore, helpful in dealing with all types of problems and situations. RAs also plan programs and activities, hold hall meetings, enforce policies and refer maintenance/housekeeping work orders to the Physical Plant.

Residence Life Coordinator , or RLCs, are Campus Life professionals who work and live on campus.

  • RLCs are trained and experienced in residence hall operations.

  • RLCs supervise the resident assistants.

  • RLCs live in a campus apartment and oversee the activities of their assigned area of campus.

  • RLCs provide for the overall management of their areas and are the residence life office's spokespersons in any situation that may arise in the residence halls.

  • RLCs enforce University and residence hall policies.

  • RLCs provide guidance with RA programming.

  • Feel free to speak with your RLC about problems, ideas and suggestions.

©2015 Oglethorpe University | 4484 Peachtree Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30319 | 404.261.1441 or 1.800.428.4484 | Privacy Policy