First Time Housing App
Returner Housing App
Got an Issue?
Welcome to Residence Life at Oglethorpe University!
At Oglethorpe University, we strive to create a living and learning
community for students that supports the academic mission of the
institution. We recognize that a significant part of the collegiate
experience occurs outside of the classroom. As such, Residence Life
offers a variety of programs and services aimed at promoting
academic success and fostering personal development. Our residential
community will be your home away from home as you pursue your
academic and personal interests. The following web pages will
provide you with the information necessary to prepare you for living
During the summer, a Residence Life professional staff member is available Monday-Thursday 9:00 am-6:00 pm and Friday 9:00 am-1:00 pm by walk-in or by appointment, while after hours the Residence Life staff member on-call can be reached at (404) 354-7075. The Residence Life Office is located in the Campus Life Suite of the Student Commons in the Turner Lynch Campus Center. Please contact the Residence Life Office at email@example.com or (404) 364-8520
with any additional questions.
CHOOSE YOUR DESTINATION:
BULLETIN BOARD OF ANNOUNCEMENTS:
- First Time Housing App - Fill out your housing application online if you are a new student or want to move (back) on-campus.
- Returner Housing App - Fill out your housing application online if you are a returning student who wants to live on campus for the 2014-2015 academic year.
- Summer Housing App - Fill out your summer housing application online if you would like to live on-campus for the summer 2014.
- RHA OTMS: If you would like to nominate and recognize someone on campus for their outstanding work with Residence Life, please visit the RHA page under the above "Programming" tab and scroll to the OTM (Of the Months) submission link. YOUR NOMINATION COUNTS!
- IMPORTANT REMINDER: All freshmen, sophomores, and juniors not living at home with
a parent or legal guardian are required to live on campus. You must request to be exempted from living on-campus, even if you live at home. Please read the Residency & Exemption Policies for more information.
- SUMMER HOUSING: Housing for summer school is available from Monday, May 26th, 2014 until Thursday, July 31, 2014 when classes are in session. Students enrolled for classes in the day program only at OU are eligible for housing. Housing may also be available for non-OU students who are participating in an internship in the Atlanta area. Students may sign up for one or both sessions. Space is limited so please sign up now. Priority will be given to students who apply before May 2, 2014. To learn more and apply for summer housing, please visit the Summer Housing page.
FALL 2014 OPENING INFORMATION: The residence halls open for new students (freshmen and transfers) on Friday, August 15, 2014. Please report to campus between the hours of 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM where you will check in for orientation and receive keys to your room. To learn more about orientation, please visit the First Year Experience Orientation website. The residence halls and Greek Row open for returning students on Saturday, August 16, 2014. Returning students should report to their respective residence halls to pick up their keys between 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM. Your Resident Assistant will be available on your floor to meet with you and answer any questions you may have, so please make sure you stop by their room or meet with them on your floor. That evening you will have a mandatory floor meeting. The details for the time and location will be posted on your floor. Few, if any, early arrivals are possible this fall, but if you need to request to return early please complete our Return Early Form. We look forward to seeing you in the fall!
Immunization Form - The Immunization/Health Form is
due 3 weeks prior to beginning of classes.
CONNECT TO RESIDENCE LIFE: