Crime Prevention Tips
Lost and Found Policy
2013 Safety and Fire Report
Online Parking Registration
The Oglethorpe University Campus Safety Department consist of 11 officers and 4 student worker support staff. Whether on foot, behind the wheel of a patrol car, or patrolling on bicycle, they are here to protect and serve the campus community. The officers work in a diverse environment and take pride in delivering superior services to the University Community. Our department offers a wide variety of services from basic safety classes to student assistance programs. Some of those services include:
- Background Checks
- Dorm unlocks
- Vehicle assist (Battery jump, door unlock)
- Escort service (available 24 hours)
- Neighborhood Safety Check
- Marta Pickup (Brookhaven Train Station) 10:00pm to 6:00am
- Looking Out for You
- Safety courses (on campus/ around town)
In line with our aim to maintain peace and safety within
Oglethorpe University, Campus Safety patrol officers are active
round the clock. Patrol officers have it as their duty to enforce
federal laws, state laws and Oglethorpe University's rules.
Violations of any of these laws and regulations are cited and turned
in to the appropriate authorities for processing. In addition,
patrol officers also keep an eye out for any suspicious activity and
are trained to deal with emergencies and aid or divulge relevant
information when necessary.
Oglethorpe University has taken many steps to ensure that our
campus is as safe as possible.
Safety at Oglethorpe is everybody's responsibility. Faculty,
students and staff work together to prevent crime and make our
campus a safe and thriving environment for all.
If there is an emergency, Campus Safety is available at ext. 1998 (404.504.1998 from off campus).
- Campus Security (General assistance or urgent concerns): 404-504-8428
- Campus Safety Director Office: 404-504-1188 Directors Email: email@example.com
- Safety Concern: 404-504-1100
- EHS: (Environmental Safety) 404-504-1000
- Twitter: OUCampusSafety
- Facebook (OU Safety "Peter" Petrel)
- Parking Permits Click Here
- Silent Voice Tip Line- 404-504-1998