Short walk across campus. Long list of places to go.
The Oglethorpe experience brings together the welcoming atmosphere of a liberal arts college and the dazzling possibilities of the big city. In our close-knit community, day-to-day life is enlivened by the diverse pursuits of our student body. Outside our gates… Atlanta beckons.
- Cheering for the Stormy Petrels — or catching an Atlanta Braves game at Turner Field.
- Gazing at a gorgeous painting at the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art — or the High, the premier art museum of Atlanta and the Southeast.
- Glimpsing the glittering city skyline from a fast-moving MARTA train or the top floors of a midtown skyscraper.
- Hitting the streets for a walking tour in Barcelona, London, or Rome.
- Offering a hungry person a hot meal or wading into a stream to repair a dam during one of Oglethorpe’s campus-wide days of service.
- Gathered with a big group of friends in the Petrel’s Nest Dining Hall, when you realize… this is what it feels like to be right at home.
In other words: Whether your interests run more toward an Atlanta Falcons game or a rousing quidditch match on the quad, you’ll never have to worry about keeping busy.
It doesn’t matter if you’re scoring for the team or cheering from the stands – it’s all about the Petrel Pride! With sixteen teams in NCAA Division III, there are fun, free games all year long.
Join a club, or start one. Run for student office. Gather for board games. Or rack up high scores in Rock Band. There’s always something social happening right here on campus.
Fraternities & Sororities
Thinking of going Greek? Greek life at Oglethorpe is all about strengthening the community and doing good. One of our ten chapters might be the right fit for you.
Welcome to a world-class city with countless options for shopping, restaurants, sports, parks, the arts, and more.
Walk, bike, Zip, ride. There are lots of easy ways to explore the city, no car required.