The Oglethorpe University Staff Council strives to create a positive work environment by acting as the voice of Oglethorpe staff as a whole, facilitating communication among staff and between staff and other campus constituencies, and providing feedback to the President’s Cabinet regarding staff concerns brought to the committee. Additionally, Staff Council works to foster community within and across departments and offices, and support the university mission and strategic goals through our outreach.
Staff Council consists of nine members who represent each administrative division.
- Lea Alford: Faculty
- Sandy Butler: Director of Human Resources, ex officio
- Caitlin Douglas: Admission & Financial Aid
- Stacia Kingston: Academic Affairs (Academic Success Center, Provost’s Office, Library, Museum)
- Mounica Kota: President’s direct reports (Center for Civic Engagement, University Communications)
- Laarni Mata: Business & Finance (Controller’s Office, Human Resources, IT Services, Special Events)
- Brianne NaLampoon (chair): Development & Alumni Relations
- Jim Owen: Athletics
- Rebecca Stewart: Campus Life
Staff Council members serve as a confidential resource for employees to share questions, concerns, or suggestions about their position or the university as a whole. The council also plans community events throughout the academic year, including staff meetings with updates from departments across campus, tailgating parties at athletic events, after-work happy hours, and lunch & learns covering topics of personal and professional enrichment. Staff Council also plans an annual summertime staff retreat, and in 2016 organized the first Employee Appreciation Day (pictured below).