Home School Applicants
We encourage academically talented students from home school programs to apply for admission to the university. Candidates will be evaluated individually on the basis of their academic accomplishments and potential for success at Oglethorpe.
Students who earn a high school diploma through an accredited virtual or home school program may simply follow the requirements outlined for first-year freshman admission.
Students who have completed high school graduation requirements under a non-accredited home school program may be considered for admission if the following information is provided:
- All other (non-transcript) requirements for first-year freshman admission
- A portfolio recording all high school work completed (including courses studied, textbooks, assignments, and extracurricular achievements)
- A personal interview with a senior admission officer is recommended
- Two recommendations (one from an instructor, coach, clergy, etc. other than a parent)
- A home school transcript (if applicable)