- Policy to allow all students the ability to take any or all of their currently ongoing spring 2020 courses on a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory (S/U) basis.
- Virtual library services are available for Oglethorpe students.
- Remote one-to-one tutoring available for Oglethorpe students.
- Remote supplemental instruction is available for Oglethorpe students.
- Ideas to help transition during COVID-19 – Dr. Matthew Wild, Lecturer of Core Studies; A_LAB Faculty Liaison and Service Learning Coordinator
- Five ways to prepare for online learning.
- Chrome Extensions for Struggling Students and Special Needs
- Comcast offering Internet Essentials package free for low-income customers for 60 days.
- Oglethorpe Counseling Center is offering virtual appointments: While in-person sessions are no longer doable, that doesn’t mean the counseling center isn’t there for you. Dr. Fuller and team are still available for virtual appointments. Can’t access a computer or find a private space to chat? Let the counseling team know and they can help navigate other modes of communication. During these extraordinary times, the Counseling Center is suspending session limits. Even if you have surpassed the limit – the counseling center is available to you!
- Emotional Support Group: Beginning April 8th the Oglethorpe Counseling Center is providing a virtual emotional support group on Wednesdays from 5-6:30 p.m. Check out OUConnect continues to serve students through virtual therapy sessions. You can also participate in an upcoming virtual support group to help students navigate their emotions surrounding COVID-19 with the support of their peers.
- The reason Zoom calls drain your energy
- ActiveMinds: has posted recordings and summaries of webinars for students regarding emotional wellness during COVID-19 which are now available in this post and in Active Minds’ Remote Resources Hub. Weekly “live” mental health events for students and other audiences will be posted as well.
- Mindfulness and meditation: are practices people can use to remain grounded during times of turmoil. Apps like Headspace, Eternal Sunshine, Calm, and UCLA Mindful are just a few that we’ve tried and found helpful.
- Spirituality: We found this resource overwhelmingly insightful and might be helpful during this time: Harvard Divinity School Spiritual Resources During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Physical Wellness: For a quick evening sweat after a full day, Planet Fitness is live streaming free “Work-ins” at 7 p.m. every day on Facebook. Accompanied by trainers and the occasional celebrity guest, visitors can anticipate basic 20-minute workouts to get the blood flowing after a day working from the at-home desk. Other fitness companies/apps like DownDog, Peloton, Nike Training Club, FitOn, YogaWorks, and Les Mills are also offering free services for students and teachers.
- Webinars/resources for staying productive and managing stress.
- CVS is waiving charges for home delivery of prescription medications.
- SAGE Scholars has decided to pledge $100,000 in aid and award $250 per student in need. These funds will be awarded as hard dollar scholarships, given directly to students in need.
NOTE: We have continued our regular day to day cleaning with an emphasis on high traffic areas on campus. This will continue when students return. There will be hand sanitizers and cleaning wipes kept in common areas for students to use. The dorms will have been cleaned, as they normally are, and be ready for students to arrive in the fall. If buildings are used to house potential COVID-19 patients, electrostatic disinfecting machines will be used in all affected areas. View the Safety Data Sheet from Spartan Chemical Company.
- MyPorter – Summer and Semester Storage Services
On-Demand Pickup and Delivery
Discount: 50% off first month of on-demand full service storage using promo code “OGSTUDENT” and registering with an “.edu” email.
- U-Haul is offering 30-day free self-storage in response to students who have to suddenly move out of dorms.
- Atlanta Marriott Buckhead Hotel & Conference Center
3405 Lenox Road
Atlanta, GA 30326
Short term residence: $59
Contact: Jim Bennett, 404-846-4275, email@example.com
- Hilton Garden Inn
3342 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30326
Contact: Ernejean Toney, 404-238-0099 (cell: 770-312-9133), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staybridge Suites
540 Pharr Road
Atlanta, GA 30305
Contact: Ushma Desai, 404-564-4300, email@example.com
View our Petrel Partners for more hotels.