Become a Strategic Partner
Employer partnerships are essential to the success of our students. Hiring OU students for internships, full-time positions, joining us at a career fair, or sponsoring scholarships are just a few ways to invest in our students’
learning and career journeys.
An investment in Oglethorpe is an investment in the future of your organization.
Career and Grad Fair
Oglethorpe University’s Career and Grad Fair is a great opportunity to network with Oglethorpe’s undergraduate students. For more information, contact [email protected].
Posting Jobs and Internships
Oglethorpe University is a member of the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) and abides by NACE principles for ethical and professional practice.
All job and internship opportunities are posted on Handshake:
- To post on Handshake, follow this link to sign up as an employer.
- For new Handshake users, this short training video will help walk you through the process and get you started. However, should you need additional assistance with your posting, please contact the Oglethorpe Career Development team at [email protected].
- If you would like for us to feature your job or internship in our monthly newsletter that goes directly to students, please email [email protected].
Types of Internships: There are two types of internships offered to students at Oglethorpe University: Academic for Credit and Not for Credit. In either case, Oglethorpe recognizes the National Association of Colleges and Employers’ (NACE) position on a legitimate internship.
Oglethorpe University expects organizations to appropriately compensate students for work they perform during an internship. We expect that all employers abide by the standards established by the Fair Labor Standards Act and accompanying regulations.
Partner with the Petrels
What makes Oglethorpe Students stand out?
Learning to think critically is not a new trend for Oglethorpe students. For over 75 years, OU students have participated in an intentionally designed sequence of courses called the CORE. OU students know how to relate concepts and ideas, even when complex. They think on their feet and are better prepared to motivate people and lead initiatives. The CORE at OU prepares students for every job they will ever have.
OU ranks among…
- America’s most entrepreneurial colleges (Forbes)
- America’s best national liberal arts colleges (US News and World Report)
- The top liberal arts colleges in the nation for contribution to the public good (Washington Monthly)
Recruiting Oglethorpe students means recruiting some of Atlanta’s most talented thinkers and doers. With rich liberal arts education, our diverse student population is made of qualified and eligible candidates for the workforce.
A Diverse Student Body
Our Top Majors