Ph.D., Mass Communication, University of Georgia
M.A., B.A., Journalism & Mass Communication, Point Park College
Examining credibility in online news, attention, engagement and emotion in social media; the importance of tweeting in current social movements
- Kate Keib, Camila Espina, Yen-I Lee, Bartosz W. Wojdynski, Dongwon Choi & Hyejin Bang; Picture This: The Influence of Emotionally Valenced Images, On Attention, Selection, and Sharing of Social Media News; Media Psychology; published online 10.5.2017; http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/15213269.2017.1378108.
- Wojdynski, B.W., Bang, H., Keib, K., Jefferson, B. N., Choi, D., & Malson, J. L. Building a better native advertising disclosure. Journal of Interactive Advertising, advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org.proxy remote.galib.uga.edu/10.1080/15252019.2017.1370401.
- Choi, D.; Bang, H.; Wojdynski, B.; Lee, Y.; Keib, K.; Espina, C; (2016, July) When Do Viewers Share Viral Video Advertising? The Role of Brand Prominence and Brand Disclosure Timing.
Refereed Research Presentations
- Kate Keib; Bartosz Wojdynski; (August 2017) Fake News, Real Cues: Cues and Heuristics in Users’ Online News Credibility Judgments. Presented at the AEJMC National Conference in Chicago, IL.
- Kate Keib; Bartosz Wojdynski; Camila Espina; Jennifer Malson; Brittany Jefferson; Yen-I Lee (August 2017) Mobile Moves: Engagement, Emotion and Attention to Social Media Images on Mobile and Desktop Screens. Presented at the AEJMC National Conference in Chicago, IL.
- Suggs, Welch; Keib, Kate. (August 2017) “Fans and Victims: Understanding Audience Attitudes Toward Athletes and Crime”. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the AEJMC, Chicago, IL.
- Keib, K. (2017, May) Knowledge is Power: Recognition of Native Advertising Increases Credibility for Online News. To be presented at the International Communication Association (ICA) annual conference in San Diego, CA.
- Wojdynski, B., Espina, C., Keib, K., Malson, J., Bang, H. & Lee, Yen-I; (2017, May). Where Readers Look, and What They Miss: Visual Attention to Online News. To be presented at the International Communication Association (ICA) annual conference in San Diego,
- Keib, K., Herndon, K., & Williams, Danielle; (2017, March) Television Broadcasting Employment Defies the Forces Reshaping Labor in the Media Industries. Presented at the Society for Cinema and Media Studies annual conference, Chicago, IL.
- Competitively selected as a participant in the Ph.Digital Bootcamp program, which prepares faculty to become digital scholar-educators and lead curriculum innovation. Media Innovation Lab, Texas State University, San Marcos, March and May 2018. Sponsored by the Knight Foundation.