College should be about your top choice, not the bottom line.
A small, private university in the big city of Atlanta where professors’ #1 priority is teaching you. A place with unparalleled hands-on opportunities for research, service and work experience. This is Oglethorpe.
We believe small is better, and if you do too, we want to make your choice a little easier. If you qualify, we will match the in-state flagship tuition for all 50 states, including District of Columbia and U.S. Territories. You LITERALLY get a private school education at a state school price. You’ll also be invited to our annual on-campus scholarship competition to compete for full-tuition scholarships. Plus, if you qualify for state or federal grants and scholarships, you can bring those to Oglethorpe, too!
- SAT Evidenced-Based Reading and Writing + Math of 1250 or ACT composite of 26 (superscore may apply)
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 (as calculated by Oglethorpe)
THE FINE PRINT
- Available only to first-year students (never before attended college as a degree-seeking student), entering fall 2019
- Recipients must remain enrolled full-time at Oglethorpe and in good academic and conduct standing
- Award is based on the tuition for the flagship institution of your state of residency, not high school location
- U.S. Citizens living abroad or in a U.S. Territory will pay the rate for our home state of Georgia
- Awards are based on the tuition and fees of each state’s flagship institution as published for 2018-2019
- Award amount remains fixed at the 2018-2019 rate for all four years at Oglethorpe (8 fall & spring semesters)
- Federal aid, state aid, and outside scholarships are applied to remaining balance
Flagship Tuition by State
Here’s how it works
If you qualify, the amount you will pay before any outside aid is applied will be no more than the published tuition and fees for the flagship institution in the state where you reside. Upon admission, all students will be considered for Oglethorpe financial aid and scholarship programs. If, after all Oglethorpe aid is considered, you still owe more in tuition and fees than the published flagship rate for your state and meet the minimum qualifications for the Flagship 50 program, we will award an additional scholarship to bring the amount down to the flagship rate. Your outside scholarships and eligible state and federal aid are on top of these programs. So, from the flagship rate, we will then apply any outside aid you receive (GA Hope, GA TEG, Pell Grant, National Merit Scholarship, etc.) to lower the cost even more.
If you compete for and are awarded one of our full-tuition scholarships (James Edward Oglethorpe, Civic Engagement, Theatre, Hammack) you will not be eligible for the Flagship 50 scholarship.
Frequently Asked Questions