Academic Resources & Offices
Oglethorpe offers a number of services and programs to support students’ academic and intellectual engagement. We help students to take full advantage of the curriculum and to explore the educational and intellectual opportunities, while learning and practicing what they learn.
- Philip Weltner Library, located in historic Lowry Hall, is a beautiful place to study, but more importantly, its staff and resources are there to help students throughout their academic careers. The library helps to teach lifelong learning skills, provides knowledge and research resources, and works to enhance and strengthen academic research within the Oglethorpe community. The library prepares students to manage and embrace the challenges of their academic pursuits.
- Academic Success, located in the Turner Lynch Campus Center, provides Oglethorpe students with a range of services designed to address academic challenges, and helps students to set and achieve their academic goals. Services include advising, disability services, international student services, and academic support through tutoring, supplemental instruction, writing assistance, coaching, and test proctoring.
- Oglethorpe’s laboratories and presentation rooms for science and information technology are located across campus. The Cousins Center for Science and Innovation, home to the natural sciences, houses the science research laboratories for biology, chemistry, physics, and ecology which offer top-of-the-line research equipment often available only at the graduate level. Computer labs and multimedia presentation rooms are located in both academic and community buildings and include the Cousins labs, Weltner Library Reference Lab, plus digital media, music, and psychology labs.
- The Oglethorpe University Museum of Art is the only small liberal arts university museum in the southeast that regularly hosts nationally and internationally-recognized exhibitions. Lecture and concert series complement the exhibitions on view. A teaching museum, OUMA offers numerous opportunities for student involvement, including gallery assistant internships, independent study, and work study. In addition, collaborative planning with faculty and staff allows for course development in conjunction with exhibitions to give students an immersive experience.
- Enrollment Services at “The HUB” is the one-stop shop for all functions related to registration, graduation, academic records, financial aid and billing. Located in “The Hub”, a student-centric space on the garden level of Lupton Hall, the enrollment services team helps to ensure a seamless student experience.
- The Office of the Provost is the chief academic officer of the university and is charged with oversight of all academic programs. The provost’s office also supervises all academic functions, including academic divisions, the Core curriculum, the university library, the registrar’s office, the Academic Success Center, and the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art.