Academic Affairs oversees the administration of all academic functions at the university, including services and programs that support the success of each student. Oglethorpe is committed to teaching excellence, meaningful scholarship, transformative pedagogical practices, and the development of innovative academic programs.
Interim Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs
Dr. Kendra King Momon
As the Interim Provost and Vice President of Academic Affairs, Dr. Kendra King Momon serves as the chief academic officer of the university where she oversees academic programs. The Provost oversees all academic functions of the university, including academic divisions and the Hammack School of Business, the Core curriculum, the Philip Weltner Library, the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, the Office of Student Success, the Office of the Registrar, and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. The Office of the Provost advances the university’s mission: “Atlanta’s Oglethorpe University is committed to teaching excellence in an inclusive learning environment. We prepare students for success in professional endeavors as responsible and productive contributors to a global society.”
Interim Associate Provost of Faculty Development
Dr. Katharine Zakos
As Interim Associate Provost for Faculty Development, Dr. Katharine Zakos oversees faculty development in areas of teaching and leadership and manages special projects. Dr. Zakos is also Associate Professor of Communication Studies.
Launch Director for the Teaching and Learning Institute for Innovation and Inclusivity
Dr. Andrew Walden
Dr. Andrew Walden is leading inaugural efforts to establish the Teaching and Learning Institute for Innovation and Inclusivity (TALIII) under the direction of the Provost and the Vice President for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. This faculty-led Institute will support faculty professional development in classroom-based teaching strategies, targeted online teaching, advanced pedagogies, strategies for advancing equity and inclusivity in the classroom and student research, and curriculum development. TALIII will also support continuing improvement in faculty teaching observation and evaluation.
Assistant Provost and Registrar
As the Registrar, Ed Rosser oversees the office responsible for registering students, maintaining official academic records, maintaining dates in the academic calendar, and creating course and exam schedules. Visit the HUB for information on registration, records, financial aid, billing, and payments.
- Jeffrey Collins – Program Coordinator, Interdisciplinary Studies; Art Histories, Archaeology, Anthropology, Architecture
- Lejla Marijam Ibrahimbegovic – Lecturer, Core Program
- Jamie Iredell – Lecturer, Core Program
- Janelle Pham – Assistant Professor, Sociology
- Seema Shrikhande – Professor, Communication Studies
- Andrew Walden – Assistant Professor, Chemistry
- Leah Zinner – Associate Professor, Psychology
- Autumn Johnson ’20 – Admissions Counselor
- Philip Ponder – Men’s Basketball Coach
- Cecil Rose – Associate Director, Student Success
- John Tilford – Museum of Art, Curator of Collections, Adjunct Professor of Museum Studies
- Brenna Alford – Medical/Scientific Illustration major
- Jada Thomas – Politics and African American Studies major, SGA Diversity Liaison