Too expensive? Think again.
Get a private school education at a state school price
You don’t have to trade real learning in small classes with faculty mentors for the massive lecture hall. All things included, our generous aid packages bring the price of an Oglethorpe education in line with the huge state schools. You’ll get a great education at a great value.
Don’t just take our word for it:
- USA Today and The Wall Street Journal have called Oglethorpe a “Best Value,” ranking us #48 out of 1,223 nationwide best colleges for your money.
- U.S. News & World Report has also called us an “over performer” when it comes to graduating low-income students.
The Petrel Promise
Graduate in four years. Get a job or grad school admission within 6 months of graduation. If not, your fifth year is on us! We’ll have the classes you need. We’ll provide opportunities for exceptional hands-on experiences to prepare you for the real-world. We’ll provide the resources to help you in your transition after Oglethorpe. Start here. Finish here. Take on the world. (And that’s a promise) Learn more.
DO THE MATH
We award over $22 million in aid annually and 98% of our students receive some form of financial aid. Check out some of financial perks you’ll only get at Oglethorpe.
- Hope Match. That’s right, bring your Georgia Hope Scholarship to Oglethorpe and we’ll match it. The state also provides an additional grant for residents who choose to attend a private university, like Oglethorpe.
- IB Diploma Scholarship. We have an IB award just for you in the amount of $1,500/year.
- Full Tuition Awards. Qualified incoming students compete for up to 8 full tuition scholarships each January at our invitation-only Scholarship Weekend. Students can compete for the James Edward Oglethorpe(JEO) leadership scholarship, the Civic Engagement scholarship, the Oglethorpe Theatre scholarship and the Hammack Scholarship. But don’t worry if you don’t get one of these! All attendees are guaranteed at least $10,000 in renewable, annual merit awards.
- Merit Awards. Merit awards honor students’ academic accomplishments. Over 80% of students earn a merit award between $10,000-$21,000.
- Stipends for Out-of-Class Experiences. Want to do research or travel to a conference? Each department offers a wide array of funding opportunities for students!
- Musical Scholarships. We’re one of the rare universities that offers choral and music scholarships for students from any major. Play in our Jazz Ensemble, Stormy Petrel Pep Band, or audition for our University Singers!
For more information on merit scholarships, grants, loans, and payment options, visit our Financial Aid site.
IT KEEPS ADDING UP
- You’ll get a $1,000 grant just for completing the financial aid application, regardless of need (JEO, Civic Engagement and Theatre scholars excluded). If it’s determined that you’re eligible for need-based financial aid, we offer both Oglethorpe and Federal grant programs.
- Earn money to support your education with on-campus jobs offered through our OU Works program.
- Of course, there are also many student and parent loan options and convenient payment plans to help you close the gap.
Learn more about financial aid at OglethorpeOU Cost Calculator
Financial Aid Website