$22 million+ in aid awarded annually.
90% receive merit scholarships. 97% receive financial aid. Estimate your actual costs after scholarships and aid using our online COST CALCULATOR.
Did you know that OU grads are among those with the lowest average student loan debt in the nation? See what others are saying about our affordability and value!
COMPETITIVE FULL-TUITION SCHOLARSHIPS
Qualified incoming students compete for full-tuition scholarships each year at our invitation-only Scholarship Weekend.
- James Edward Oglethorpe(JEO) scholarship for leadership and academic excellence
- Civic Engagement scholarships for service
- Oglethorpe Theatre scholarships for theatre performance
- Hammack scholarships for business and leadership
- Lanier, University and Presidential awards: ranging from $17,000 – $21,000 per year
- International Baccalaureate award: $1,500 per year for all IB diploma recipients
- Georgia HOPE and Zell Miller: $4,056 or $4,480 per year for qualified GA residents, PLUS Oglethorpe matches the amount at $4,056 per year
- Out-of-State HOPE equivalents: Oglethorpe awards $3,500 per year for qualified students from AL, FL, LA, MS, NC, SC, or TN (must have a 3.0 or higher at graduation)
- Choral and music scholarships available for students from any major
GRANTS AND LOANS
- ALL students receive a $1,000 grant just for completing the financial aid application, regardless of need (JEO, Civic Engagement and Theatre scholars excluded). If it’s determined that you’re eligible for need-based financial aid, we offer both Oglethorpe and Federal grant programs
- Earn money to support your education with on-campus jobs through the Federal Work Study program
- Student and parent loan options and convenient payment plans to help you close the gap.
To learn more about financial aid, detailed tuition and fees, and payment programs, visit Enrollment Services in the Hub.