Traditional first-year students
Apply with confidence! No test scores required.
Traditional first-year applicants are those who are currently enrolled in high school or who have recently graduated high school and have not enrolled as a degree-seeking student at another college or university. This includes undocumented students and students who have taken dual enrollment credits at another college or university.
We’re always here to assist with your application process. Please review the material below and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. We look forward to reading your application!
For the purposes of admission, the Office of Admission will accept unofficial transcripts in the form of files or copies uploaded by the student. Please note that official final transcripts are required upon enrollment. Official transcripts can be send electronically or by mail.
- Electronically: Via email from your counselor or school official to email@example.com or via Parchment, Naviance, Escrip, or other electronic platform
- By Mail: Sealed official transcripts can be delivered or mailed to the following address: Office of Admission, Oglethorpe University, 4484 Peachtree Rd NE, Atlanta, GA, 30319
- Standardized Test Scores
- Many students who have scores that fall within our accepted student averages choose to submit their scores.
- Oglethorpe will superscore the SAT/ACT, meaning if multiple test scores are submitted, we’ll consider the highest score from each section when reviewing your application.
- Self-Reported: You can enter your ACT/SAT scores into the testing section of your application or email a screenshot of your scores to firstname.lastname@example.org. SAT and ACT scores for all enrolling students will be verified. Discrepancies between self-reported scores and official scores may jeopardize a student’s acceptance.
- Official: You can order official scores to be sent to Oglethorpe directly from the testing agency. OU’s SAT code is 5521 and ACT code is 0850.
- Evaluative Interview
- Your evaluative interview is your chance to tell us more about yourself! Your interview will take place over Zoom or on the phone with a member of our Office of Admission counseling team. Interview topics might include your accomplishments in high school, your interest in Oglethorpe, what you hope to gain from your college experience, your academic and co-curricular interests, and your personal background.
- Interviews can be scheduled with your counselor here. Not sure who your counselor is? Just email email@example.com and we’ll connect you.
- Don’t be nervous! We know it sounds cliché to say “be yourself” but truly, we just want to get to know you.
- You don’t have to dress formally or prepare any answers. Just be prepared to talk about yourself!
- Think of a few questions you have about Oglethorpe and make sure to ask them at the end.
- Video Submission
- Your 1-2 minute personal video submission is your chance to tell us more about yourself! You are encouraged to share what qualities, characteristics, experiences, perspectives, or interests you will bring to the Oglethorpe community. This is your chance to tell us more beyond what is captured in your application. You are encouraged to be creative and to not simply tell us what is already contained in your application. You will not be judged on the quality of the production. You are encouraged to sit directly in front of your laptop/camera/tablet/phone, start by introducing yourself with your name and high school, and then speak candidly. There is no need to dress formally, memorize a speech, or read from a paper.
- Videos can be uploaded on your Petrel Portal. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any difficulty with your submission.
- Make sure you watch your video before you submit to ensure we can hear and see you the whole time.
- Make sure there is not too much background noise.
- Please keep submissions between 1-2 minutes.
Up to two letters of recommendation from teachers, counselors, mentors, or community members will be accepted. Letters can be submitted through your application or emailed to email@example.com. No more than 2 letters will be accepted.
The Early Action deadline is November 1! Applying Early Action has some serious perks:
- It’s free. The $50 application fee is waived.
- It’s fast. After submitting all necessary materials, you will receive a decision within 2 weeks!
- It’s non-binding. You do not have to commit to Oglethorpe. Your Early Action admission simply gives you an early acceptance to consider.
- You’re eligible for FULL TUITION scholarships! In general, EA has the advantage of allowing you to compare financial aid packages. At Oglethorpe, you will also be considered for all merit awards, Flagship 50, and our full-tuition awards at our Scholarship Weekend!
Apply any time after November 1! It’s never too late to apply Regular Decision:
- It’s quick. Apply anytime and you will receive your admission decision on a rolling basis.
- It’s flexible. Have a new SAT superscore or updated grades? We can always add them to your file for consideration.
- You’re STILL eligible for scholarships! Regular decision applicants are eligible for all of our standard merit awards and Flagship 50.
|Mathematics||3 years, including Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry (Trigonometry, Advanced Math, or Calculus recommended)|
|Science||3 years (4th year recommended)|
|Social Studies||3 years (4th year recommended)|
|Foreign Language||2+ years recommended|