WHERE GREAT MINDS THINK AND DO
Learn to make a life, make a living and make a difference.
Founded in 1835, Oglethorpe University unites a close-knit campus community with big-city culture and opportunities.
Prestigious, not pretentious – that’s Oglethorpe. Recognized nationally for our commitment to individualized student support, our diverse student population, quality of academic programs, and affordability, Oglethorpe is a place where students from all backgrounds become critical thinkers, dynamic professionals, and leaders in their communities.
Today, Oglethorpe enrolls nearly 1,500 students, representing more than 30 states and 30 countries.
We’ve also been ranked:
- Top 20 “Best Buy School” (Fiske Guide to Colleges).
- Among America’s most entrepreneurial colleges (Forbes).
- A “Best Value” nationwide (USA Today/Wall Street Journal).
- Among the top liberal arts colleges in the nation for contribution to the public good (Washington Monthly).
- Among America’s best national liberal arts colleges (US News and World Report).