At Oglethorpe, the Business Economics Bachelor of Science includes courses in all core business disciplines: accounting, finance, management and marketing. In addition, you’ll study economic theory, applied economics sub-fields, and econometrics. Students acquire critical thinking skills and gain the ability to model and analyze data to solve complex business problems.
As a business economics student at Oglethorpe, you’ll learn to:
- Understand core business disciplines.
- Gain a sophisticated understanding of complex social and economic conditions.
- Become a better decision maker in an evolving world.
Because this program is rooted in liberal arts (through our Core curriculum), students gain broader understanding and application through interdisciplinary study to become better thinkers and decision-makers.
Our Economic courses emphasize written assignments that apply theory to model current economic phenomena using primary data and analytics. In advanced applied field classes, you will incorporate leading peer-reviewed academic journal articles, working papers from government and business sources into your analyses.
B.S. in Economics
Atlanta is home to many nationally recognized organizations and foundations for economic consulting and research. Apply economic theory to real world experience in advanced classes and internships.
- Take an advanced corporate finance course and secure an internship at a financial firm for successful preparation for the job market.
- Recent student internships have included working at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, Wells Fargo Bank, Chewy and local and national investment firms.
- Combine your major with an International Studies minor. Then, study abroad for a summer, a semester or a year and earn credits toward your Oglethorpe degree.
Graduates gain a sophisticated understanding of the complex social and economic conditions in which firms operate. You’ll learn how to become a better decision maker in an evolving world, which is critical for success in your future endeavors.
- Recent alumni have gone to work at leading U.S. and international firms such as Comcast, Deloitte Consulting, the Bureau of Labor Statistics, J.P. Morgan Chase, U.S. Lumber, Equifax, Centrico Digital and KLM Airlines.
See degree requirements and courses in the University Bulletin.