Being a leader – of a small team or an entire company – is about more than just charisma. Effective leaders can dive into the data and deploy thoughtful management techniques to make informed business decisions and create productive teams and organizations. As a future leader in an ever-changing market, you want to be able to see the whole picture. A Management major at Oglethorpe University is collaborative, knowledgeable, and most of all, adaptable to a changing job market.
The Management major at Oglethorpe will provide you with a strong foundation in business essentials – like accounting, marketing and analytics – and drill down on the art and science behind leading people. Upper-level electives within the major are designed to thoroughly explore the four principles of management: planning, organizing, leadership, and control. To understand these concepts, you will work with your peers to study real-world business challenges, analyze and interpret data, prepare professional documents, and propose effective solutions.
As a Management major, you will be well-equipped to enter a graduate program or move directly into a career in business. Graduates will gain practical skills and proficiency in Human Resource Management, International Business, Business Analytics or Resource Management. However you choose to apply it, an education from the Hammack School of Business will provide you with the knowledge and experience needed to successfully lead your business—and the people in it.
B.S. in Management
- Intern at high-profile companies like Amazon, KPMG, Ernst & Young, Berkshire Hathaway, Morgan Stanley, The Coca-Cola Company, PNC Bank, SunTrust Bank and more.
- Participate in an HSB-sponsored organization like Entrepreneurship Club or Investment Club.
- Gets hands-on practice through business case study, financial trading, and entrepreneurial pitch competitions.
- Network directly with hundreds of alumni and employers at Oglethorpe’s Career Fairs and through the Hammack Business Advisory Council and OU Board of Trustees.
- Meet Atlanta’s top CEOs during frequent guest lectures on campus. Previous speakers have been leaders at Atlanta United, Georgia-Pacific, Porsche, Home Depot, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, and Kinkos.
Our business students have gone on to work at Deloitte, Ernst & Young, Porsche, UPS, SunTrust, Google, Facebook, Chick-fil-A, Delta Air Lines, Hewlett Packard, General Electric, IBM, Morgan Stanley, AT&T, Bank of America, ADP, Boston Consulting Group and more.