Oglethorpe offers a number of services and programs to support students’ academic and intellectual engagement. We help students to take full advantage of the curriculum and to explore the educational and intellectual opportunities, while learning and practicing what they learn.
- Philip Weltner Library, located in historic Lowry Hall, is certainly a beautiful place to study, but more importantly, its staff and resources are there to help students every step of the way in their academic careers. The library helps to teach lifelong learning skills, provides knowledge and research resources, and works to enhance and strengthen academic research within the Oglethorpe community. The library prepares students to manage and embrace the challenges of their academic pursuits. Inside the library, you’ll also find a 24 hour study room and the IT Services help desk.
- The Academic Success Center, located in the garden level of the library, provides Oglethorpe students with a wide range of services designed to address academic challenges, and helps students to set and achieve their academic goals. Services include advising, disability services, international student services, and academic support through tutoring, supplemental instruction, writing assistance, coaching, and test proctoring.
- Oglethorpe’s laboratories and presentation rooms for science and information technology are located across campus. Goslin Hall, home to the Division of Natural Sciences, houses the science research laboratories for biology, chemistry, and physics, which offers top-of-the-line research equipment often available only at the graduate level. Computer labs and multimedia presentation rooms are located in both academic and community buildings and include the Goslin Lab, Weltner Library Reference Lab, the 24 Hour Room in Lowry Hall, plus a Music Lab and Psychology Lab.
- The Oglethorpe University Museum of Art is the only small liberal arts university museum in the Southeast that regularly shows nationally and internationally-recognized exhibitions. Lecture and concert series complement exhibitions on view. Each semester, OUMA offers numerous opportunities for student involvement, including gallery assistant internships, independent study, and work study. In addition, collaborative planning with faculty and staff allows for course development in conjunction with exhibitions to give students an immersive experience.
- Enrollment Services at “The Hub” is your one-stop shop for all registration, graduation, academic records, financial aid and billing matters. Located in “The Hub”, a newly renovated, student-centric space in the ground floor of Lupton Hall, the enrollment services team helps to ensure that the business of college doesn’t get in the way of your success.
- The Office of the Provost is the chief academic officer of the university and is charged with oversight of all academic programs. The provost’s office also supervises all academic functions, including academic divisions, the Core curriculum, the university library, the registrar’s office, the Academic Success Center, and the Oglethorpe University Museum of Art.