*CURRENTLY, ALL BLUEBIRDS HAVE LEFT THE HATCH
Thanks for voting! Meet our hatchlings: Quavo, Offset and Takeoff!
What should we name the three bluebird hatchlings?
- Quavo, Takeoff and Offset (46%, 61 Votes)
- Rosa, Corrine and Dena (11%, 15 Votes)
- Huey, Dewey and Louie (8%, 11 Votes)
- Storm, Pea and Trill (7%, 9 Votes)
- 'Apapane, Palila and I'iwi (7%, 9 Votes)
- Ralph, Waldo and Emerson (6%, 8 Votes)
- Cobalt, Indigo and Royal (6%, 8 Votes)
- James, Thornwell and Phoebe (5%, 6 Votes)
- Bella, Hermosa and Linda (2%, 3 Votes)
- Berry, Skye and Belle (2%, 2 Votes)
Total Voters: 110
The bluebird livestream evolved out of a special projects assignment by two Oglethorpe students, Andrew Davenport ’12 and Sandy Vuong ’12, who teamed up to investigate the behavior of Eastern bluebirds for their Urban Ecology class, taught by Dr. Roarke Donnelly, associate professor of biology and director of the Environmental Studies program.
While the houses were originally installed more than five years ago, students and classes continue to observe the bluebirds each semester.