Too expensive? Think again.
Get a private school education at a state school price
You don’t have to trade real learning in small classes with faculty mentors for the massive lecture hall. All things included, our generous aid packages bring the price of an Oglethorpe education in line with the huge state schools. You’ll get a great education at a great value.
Don’t just take our word for it, USA Today and The Wall Street Journal have called Oglethorpe a “Best Value,” ranking us #48 out of 1,223 nationwide best colleges for your money. U.S. News & World Report has also called us an “over performer” when it comes to graduating low-income students.
The Petrel Promise
Graduate in four years. Get a job or grad school admission within 6 months of graduation. If not, your fifth year is on us! We’ll have the classes you need. We’ll provide opportunities for exceptional hands-on experiences to prepare you for the real-world. We’ll provide the resources to help you in your transition after Oglethorpe. Start here. Finish here. Take on the world. (And that’s a promise) Learn more.
DO THE MATH
We award over $15 million in aid annually and 98% of our students receive some form of financial aid.
- Got Hope? We double it! That’s right, bring your Georgia Hope Scholarship to Oglethorpe and we’ll match it. The state also provides an additional grant for residents who choose to attend a private university, like Oglethorpe.
- Graduating with an IB Diploma? We have an IB award just for you.
- Looking for a full-tuition scholarship with stipends for out-of-class experiences? We have those, too. Our best incoming students compete for our most prestigious scholarships each January at our invitation-only Scholarship Weekend, featuring our James Edward Oglethorpe (JEO) scholars, our Civic Engagement Scholars and our Oglethorpe Theatre Scholars. Don’t worry if you don’t get one of these. Runners up will receive one of our Oglethorpe Scholars awards, ranging from $13,000 to $20,000 a year.
- Have a talent? We’re one of the rare universities that offers choral and music scholarships for students from any major. Study science, business or philosophy, and get a scholarship to perform with one of our prestigious ensembles.
IT KEEPS ADDING UP
- You’ll get a $2,000 grant just for completing the financial aid application, regardless of need (JEO, Civic Engagement and Theatre scholars excluded). If it’s determined that you’re eligible for need-based financial aid, we offer both Oglethorpe and Federal grant programs.
- Earn money to support your education with on-campus jobs offered through our OU Works program.
- Of course, there are also many student and parent loan options and convenient payment plans to help you close the gap.
Learn more about financial aid at OglethorpeOU Cost Calculator
Financial Aid Website